We know that growing companies need business management software that can be adapted to the way you do business, rather than the other way around. So keep in mind Goldilocks and the three bears product offerings as ERP’s can simply be viewed as too hot (big), too cold (small)… and look for one that’s “just right” for you!
Don’t always think that the biggest (and most expensive) will always be the best for you. As a growing business, you need to make every dollar in the investment in your ERP system count. Often the large-scale ERP’s are an over-investment in the time, money and needs of your business and an under-investment in the system’s flexibility to actually fit your business.
Many large-scale ERP software solutions discourage or refuse to alter programming to allow customisation to fit your business, so you could find that your very expensive solution does not work with how your company actually does business. It’s also worth noting that large scale ERP’s are not as quick to adapt to new technologies (think mobile/social trends) as mid sized versions. This is simply because large corporations/government entities that use the “big system ERPs” are rarely the type to be at the forefront of changing technologies as their own internal processes are more regimented.
However it IS well worth obtaining your ERP product from an established organisation so that you can be assured that the product will continue to be developed and supported, or that the company won’t just one day ‘disappear’ into a puff of smoke (or cloud!).
So are we back to basic software then? Well, no – you are most likely reading this as you’ve reached the end of the capabilities of a smaller ‘off the shelf’ version which have not been designed to fit the needs of a growing company or provide for the complexities of mid to large sized enterprises. You would also be aware that customisation of smaller products is not worth the investment as there will still be gaps in the product’s capabilities and reporting.
Therefore, what is the solution if:
- You want to work with a trusted and established ERP system provider
- Out-of-the-box systems don’t fit in with your business processes
- Customisation is too expensive
Your solution: MYOB EXO addresses all of these issues
As an ERP software solution, MYOB EXO offers the security of a well known software provider that is a world leader with continued product development and an established network of implementation and support through it’s partners. However, as a mid to large sized product offering, MYOB EXO is still flexible enough to adapt to new market trends (mobile / social etc) and is customisable to suit individual business processes and needs.
MYOB EXO the perfect solution.
- MYOB EXO has the been developed by MYOB – a long established world leader player in the ERP market
- MYOB EXO has an established network of highly accredited, locally based partners for implementation, training and ongoing support. A must if you would prefer your staff to be working rather than constantly searching for ‘help desk’ answers to system issues in online forums!
- EXO is highly customisable and integrates to almost any business set up or processes. From manufacturing to retail, mining to service-based; EXO is a proven management tool across every industry.
- Customisation is possible and can be deployed in weeks. Partners, such as Western Australia’s Horizon Business Systems, have an inhouse Development Division for development and customisation to individual business processes or existing systems – so if you can imagine it (and they have yet to build it), it can be developed for you!
- It costs a fraction of other big name ERP systems like SAP / Oracle but offers high level management functionality with a higher degree of flexibility.
One of the best parts about MYOB EXO is that you can add functionality with plug-ins as your business changes and grows. Each module within the software has a different task – whether it’s payroll, invoicing, tracking customer relationships, managing stock levels, etc. The software is modulative so you only pay for what you need.